Translate

Wednesday 19 November 2014

Water Colour Digital Prints

With the lead up to Christmas things have been incredibly busy around here. To begin with there has been a new addition to our family with the arrival of Sophie (or Princess Sofia as our kids call her), an 8 week old purebred Labrador, who was an early present from Santa for the family. And like any young baby, she needs lots of love and attention (and let's face it, who can say 'no' to that face). Then there has been the usual rush to get Christmas presents bought and made before the school holidays. But that's enough for now, let's get to the Crafty Stuff.

 


I have been creating with different stamps lately, and using my Faber Castell Water Colour pencils to colour them. Last time I used a traditional rubber stamp, but this time thought I'd change it up a bit and try some digital stamps. These have been downloaded, resized and then printed onto water colour paper. The stamp images I downloaded from Sassy Studio Designs and the first is called Buttercream Babe Elegant Cake, and the second is their Rapunzel Sassy. Once the images were completely dry I was able to colour them.


The Buttercream Babe image I have made into a birthday tag. To create the tag I have used KaiserCraft CP186 Chinese Whisper paper from their Child's Play Collection, Scrapmatts 'Best Wishes' sentiments, some additional chipboard swirls from my stash, some Liquid Pearls in ballerina and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in pearl. I have also added some pink sequins and pink and clear seed beads.  I used water colour pencil numbers 407, 409, 427, 429, 430, 445, 447, 463, 483 and 499 to colour the image.



For the Rapunzel card I started with a blank card base. I have added some torn strips of paper and then used some old chipboard frames (the frame that is left once you push out the chipboard pieces, which in this case was butterflies) and modelling paste, to create some dimensional textures on the base. Once dry this was added to with several different colours of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists (red velvet, riptide, gold and denim blue) and a blue mist that I custom made. This was added to with 2 chipboard doves from Scrapmatts and paper flowers from my stash (some of which are available from D'lish Scraps). The digital image itself was coloured with pencil numbers 407, 421, 427, 429, 430, 445, 447, 451, 478, 483, 487 and 499.



I hope that you have enjoyed this post and that is it for me for now, so until next time TTFN.

Jodie.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! That pup is adorable!!! And I love all of your amazing creations as well!! Absolutely stunning!!

    - Susan
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges (DT Call Until Nov. 22nd)

    ReplyDelete