Translate

Thursday 1 January 2015

Birthday Card

Firstly I should start with Happy New Year, as it is now the 1st of January, 2015 here in Australia. I hope that you all had a great Christmas and New Year. This new year for me means the start of my first DT (design team) position over at Stick It Down. They have monthly challenges running for card makers and scrap bookers, so if you get a chance jump on over and have a go.

On the subject of design teams Faery Ink are in the process of adding to their team at the moment. These guys make some incredible digital stamps, that have a wonderful element of whimsy to them. My almost 3 year old daughter is really into all things 'Princesses and Fairies' at the moment (as well as frozen, but let's not go there right now), so I've managed to get some great pictures from these guys to do up for her.

I got this image from them and once printed Miss almost 3, immediately thought it was her. So I went along with it for a bit. I have once again used my watercolour pencils to colour this image (as I have with the last few digital images that I've included in my blog previously). I added some brown hair and eyes, some slightly rosy cheeks and gave her a light complexion. Two of her favourite colours at the moment are pink and purple, so I added those too. Throw in a little dark grey for the headband, skirt and shoes (and trimming the skivvy) and 'Hey Presto' - Miss almost 3 was complete.

I have matched this image up with some simple paper, ribbons and embellishments as I really wanted the image itself to be the focal point of the card. Some purple card with swirls and a happy birthday ribbon form the base of the card. Add some small paper flowers from D'Lish Scraps and a rose metal embellishment from My 2 Angels and card complete.


I already have my next piece picked out for me. For this image, I would like to do it up for Valentines Day. I would like to try and get a head start on cards this year. To find out more about me and my work please check out my profile. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

Until next time,

Happy Crafting.

Jodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment